Share with your friends
By using this website you acknowledge that the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority has taken every reasonable step to maintain current and accurate information on this website. However, no guarantee is made as to the currency or accuracy of information and that;
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority has taken reasonable steps to maintain current and accurate information on this website. However, no guarantee is made as to the currency or accuracy of information. Changes to any tools presented on this website are to be expected from time to time, in an effort by the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority to provide up-to-date data. As a result, the results generated by the tools presented on this website may also vary over time.
- the contents of this website should not be construed as legal or investment advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes;
- if you have questions about a particular product or service, please contact the relevant manufacturer, distributor, or retailer to confirm the details of the product you are interested in;
- the information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements;
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority will not be liable to you nor to any third party whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise whether by itself or by any employee, agent, contractor or representative for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly arise out of or in connection with this website or use of or reliance on any information contained on or referred to in this website or for any error, omission, inadequacy, incompleteness or corruption of any information or any virus, Trojan horse or other damaging software;
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to the EECA's website;
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages; and
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
Your privacy is important to us. For more information on how we collect, hold, and disclose your information, please click here. You will be required to confirm that the information you have provided is true and correct. The consequences of providing incorrect information are set out here under Privacy and confirmations.
For information on how the tool assesses your eligibility for insulation and heating funding, please click here. Please note that your actual eligibility for insulation and heating funding will be determined by the selected service provider.
Eligibility for a Warmer Kiwi Homes grant is determined by the following criteria.
You will need to:
- be the homeowner (owner-occupier) of a home built before 2008 AND
- have a Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card, OR
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income – contact one of the service providers listed below to find out if your address qualifies OR
- be referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative.
Lower-income areas are determined by the New Zealand Deprivation Index.
If you select an insulation or heating service provider in the tool, we will ask you to provide us with your name, phone number, email address, home address, and any other relevant information. We are collecting this information:
- to enable us to match the information you provide with our own records to determine your eligibility for a heating grant;
- to enable the service provider you have selected to contact you regarding installing insulation or heating in your home;
- to contact you to assess the effectiveness of the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, and ask you to complete a survey; and
- for administrative and compliance purposes related to the programme.
We will then ask you to confirm that the information you have provided is true and correct. After you have provided us with the required information and confirmed that it is correct we will send an email to the selected service provider with the information you have provided. We will hold a copy of the email on our system.
Your personal information may be used and disclosed for quality inspection, and compliance and audit purposes. We may also disclose your personal information for research purposes in a form which does not identify you.
We may disclose the addresses of houses that have been insulated and/or had a heating appliance installed through the programme:
- to other government agencies (such as the Ministry of Social Development) to ensure that, when carrying out their functions, those agencies are providing information about the programme to those who need it; and
- on www.data.govt.nz, which will enable relevant service providers and local councils to send information relating to the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme (and other services) to those addresses.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, you will have to directly contact a service provider to assess your eligibility for insulation, and you will not be able to receive a heating grant. Also, if you provide information that is incorrect, you are liable to repay EECA for any work undertaken by a service provider based on the incorrect information.
You have the right to access and to request correction of the personal information you provide us. To exercise this right, or to ask anything else in relation to your privacy, please contact us:
The Privacy Officer
Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority
44 The Terrace
We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.