Energy end use database
The updated Energy End Use Database estimates national energy consumption broken down by fuel type, sector, end use and technology. National data is available for the 2017, 2018, and 2019 calendar years.
The database allows researchers, policy makers and the business sector to explore how energy is used by fuel type, sector, end use and technology. EECA has revised and improved data for a number of sectors in the database, including residential, and a range of industrial sectors.
Key data sources used in the Energy End Use Database include:
- MBIE Energy in New Zealand 2020
- Statistics New Zealand Energy Use Survey 2016 - 2018
- Residential Baseline Study 2015
- Energy End Use Database 2017 – 2019 (latest outputs as at 9 September 2020) [XLSX 133KB]
- Energy End Use Database – data sources, methodology and assumptions 090920 [PDF 2.2MB]
For feedback and more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Energy End Use Database’.